At the end of your first meeting Dr. Steinleitner will assemble a list of fertility diagnostic tests.
Our goal to completely understand your problem before we create a treatment plan.
To achieve this we want to ask and answer five essential questions:
- Do you have healthy eggs and normal ovulation?
- Does your partner have normal male fertility?
- Is your uterus healthy and receptive to pregnancy?
- Are your fallopian tubes healthy and undamaged?
- Does you body support fertilization of your eggs and growth of a pregnancy.
A little known fact: many couples suffer from subtle problems that are not found on basic testing by your gynecologist. Endometriosis with fallopian tubal scarring, poor uterine receptivity for pregnancy (the uterus isn’t “sticky” and the embryo can’t attach), and male infertility in men with normal sperm counts are all common problems.
Key concept: each of these conditions can lead to long term infertility. You cannot diagnose these problems unless you test for them.
And if you miss the diagnosis you may pick the wrong treatment. Which can lead to months or years of unproductive treatment.
Our goal is to complete your testing to answer these question within 4 to 6 weeks after your first consultation.